This delicious Apple Cranberry Salad is a perfect combination of sweet and savory and tasty textures. Yummy spring salad mixed with apple slices, crispy bacon and toasted pecans tossed with a sweet cranberry vinaigrette, these are fall flavors you'll never forget.
Next time try my Cranberry Apple Rice Pilaf, for another delicious fall side dish.
This makes the perfect Thanksgiving side salad, due to the seasonal ingredients of cranberries, apples and pecans. For Christmas too. It's just that time of year and the best part? It can be ready in just a couple minutes and perfect for healthy eating.
❤️ Why you'll love it
This salad is perfect as a side for most anything. However, it does have some protein so could stand alone as a light lunch.
After you've indulged for a main meal and are ready for dessert, you should try my Old Fashioned Pecan Pie, my family go nuts over it! Or perhaps something a little smaller, seeing how you've indulged! These Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites are super cute and just a bite of sweetness.
- Spring Mix Lettuce
- Crispy Bacon, chopped
- Feta Cheese
- Crunchy Apples, Sliced (honey crisp, or gala apple is my favorite)
- Pecans, toasted
- Red Onion, sliced
- Dried Cranberries
- Toasted Sliced Almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Your choice of Salad dressing
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Toast the pecans until fragrant.
- Step 2: Slice the apple and red onion and chop the bacon.
- Step 3: Toss together in a large salad bowl. Apply your favorite dressing or just plain olive oil. My favorite dressing to add to this salad is a Cranberry Vinaigrette, try some to please your taste buds.
Hint: don't apply the vinaigrette (salad dressing) until you are ready to serve. To allow this fall salad texture to last longer. Perhaps even serve it on the side, for guests to add at their pleasure.
- Lettuce - instead of spring mix you could use romaine lettuce, or spinach maybe.
- Blue Cheese - use blue cheese or even creamy goat cheese instead of feta cheese for some extra tanginess.
- Vegetarian - leave out the bacon, add more feta and pecans.
- Green Onions - If you prefer something a little less bold, swap out the red onion for a sprinkling of chopped green onions.
- Spicy - add some sweet chili sauce to the vinaigrette for a little sweet heat.
- Deluxe - add chicken breast or rotisserie chicken for a 'beefed up' version of this side salad.
- Leftover friendly - whip this salad up and add some cubes of leftover turkey, from your Thanksgiving meal.
- Apples - I used a sweet Honey Crisp apple for this apple cranberry salad, but if you prefer something a little more tart you could use a granny smith apple.
This salad can be made in any large bowl and decanted into a small bowl per person. Or on a salad plate.
The use of salad utensils help with the mixing and with the serving of this salad. See some links in the recipe card below for my favorites.
This salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If there's a chance you'll have some left I would keep the dressing on the side. The salad will start to wilt after a short while if the dressing has been applied already.
Expert Tip: An easy way to use up your leftover cranberry sauce is to make the cranberry vinaigrette that goes perfectly with this salad!
For some dessert ideas you should check out my list of Thanksgiving Tart Recipes. They're stunning.
If you’ve tried this apple cranberry salad recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 5 Cups Spring Mix Lettuce
- 5 Slices Bacon, cooked
- ¼ Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Apple, Sliced
- ¼ Cup Pecans, toasted
- ¼ Red Onion, sliced
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sliced Almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the pecans to a skillet and toast for a few minutes.
- Prepare the onions, apples and bacon (slicing/chopping)
- Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl and combine well.
- Add salad dressing (if using) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Use your leftover cranberry sauce to make a delicious cranberry vinaigrette. Balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar go well in this dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 15mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 14gProtein 6g