A dreamy, creamy cranberry salad recipe full of crunchy pecans, apples, sweet marshmallows and cranberries it's the perfect fluffy way to serve cranberries.
Naturally, this dish is perfect to serve during your holiday dinners. It deserves a spot front and center with the thanksgiving turkey.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's very easy cranberry salad, no fuss.
- Other than cooking the cranberries in sugar and water (10 minutes) there's no other cooking involved.
- You can have it ready in 15 minutes (not including the cooling time).
- Delicious combination of textures and flavors.
- This dish is perfect with your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Unsweetened Crushed Pineapple
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the cranberries, water and sugar to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Take off the heat and allow to cool and thicken.
- Step 3: Add the whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Step 4: Add the marshmallows, pecans, apples, drained pineapple to the cooled cranberries, along with the pinch of salt.
- Step 5: Fold the cranberry mixture into the whipped heavy cream, carefully.
- Step 6: Serve in a bowl with a little sprinkle of pecans and marshmallows on top.
Hint: Making this cranberry salad a few hours ahead of time will give the flavors a good time to come together.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Cool Whip - whipped topping instead of the heavy cream.
- Fresh Pineapple - chop up some fresh pineapple instead of the canned version.
- Mandarin Oranges - slivers of mandarin oranges work well.
- Sour Cream - some people use sour cream in this recipe.
- Green Apple - I used a red apple but a green apple is fine too.
- Orange Juice - A touch of orange juice for tartness.
- Feta Cheese - for a texture and flavor change up.
- Walnut Salad - walnuts work well in place of the pecans.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I like to use my stand mixer to beat the cream, although it's not totally necessary. I just like to be able to let it do it's thing while I do other things.
If you need to, you could use your food processor for chopping the pecans.
I have a few affiliate links in the recipe card below.
📘 Related Recipes
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Dried Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Apple Cranberry Salad
- Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Cracker Barrel Kale Salad
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
If you have some left you should store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Expert Tip: Make sure the cranberries have completely cooled before adding the other ingredients or they will melt.
This recipe is similar, it's a cranberry salad with cranberries, pineapples and walnuts.
Turkey, obviously. Quinoa, pecans, walnuts, cheese, pork, chicken. Cream cheese is especially good.
If you’ve tried this Cranberry Salad Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 12oz Fresh Cranberries (or frozen)
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 (14oz) Can Unsweetened Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Medium Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Add the cranberries, water and granulated sugar to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and thicken.
- Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- To the cooled cranberries add the marshmallows, pecans, apples and drained pineapple. Stir well to mix.
- Add to the mixing bowl with the whipped cream and fold in, gently.
- Serve with a little garnish of cranberries, marshmallows and pecans on top.
You can use fresh cranberries here, like I did, or use frozen.
Mix and prepare a few hours before you want to serve to give the flavors enough time to come together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 27mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 27gProtein 2g