A rich and earthy, nutty Basil Pesto Dressing that is perfect served with salad or pasta. Slightly salty from the cheese and garlicky it has a really addicting flavor.
It's quite light with fresh flavors so ends up being a really great dressing or sauce for a summer time dish.
Mix with some of your favorite pasta, or drizzle over a salad as a dressing - Pesto dressing is really versatile.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's a light and healthy dressing with 'good-for-you' simple ingredients.
- Make this easy dressing in less than 5 minutes with a simple recipe.
- There's no better flavor than fresh homemade pesto, much better than store-bought pesto.
- Pour over a chicken breast, (you will thank me).
- Make pasta salads or fresh salads better with this fresh pesto sauce.
- Get more leafy greens into your diet.
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Pine Nuts
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Bruise the basil.
- Step 2: Mix all ingredients.
- Step 3: Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Serve over a salad or pasta.
Hint: Bruising the leaves of the basil is the best way to bring out its best flavor.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- White Wine Vinegar - instead of lemon juice.
- Red Wine Vinegar - instead of lemon juice.
- Balsamic Vinegar - instead of lemon juice.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - instead of lemon juice.
- Greek Yogurt - add a touch of this to make it creamy.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love to use my blender to make my pesto dressing, the Ninja blender is an amazing high-speed blender.
Any food processor though will work well.
I have an affiliate link in the recipe card below.
📘 Related Recipes
- Late Summer Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Southern Seafood Salad
- Cracker Barrel Kale Salad
- Summer Pesto Pasta Salad
Store any leftover pesto in an airtight container, like a mason jar, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Add a layer of olive oil on the top to keep out the oxygen.
Expert Tip: A green Pesto Dressing freezes very well. I like to add to an ice cube tray and freeze that way. Then empty the little blocks of pesto into a ziplok bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Then take out blocks as you need them.
If you’ve tried this Pesto Dressing Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
A delicious pesto dressing full of nutty, garlic flavors. Perfect on salads, especially pasta.
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil, bruised
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts
- ¾ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bruise the basil, either using a mortar and pestle or you could add to a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add the bruised basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil and lemon juice to a blender and blend until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Stir in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can adjust the thickness of the pesto dressing by adding more olive oil to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 5mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Leave a Reply