A deliciously soft and moist vanilla Christmas Bundt Cake, easy to make, easy to decorate and always a showstopper at Christmas time.
This bundt cake is perfect for any dessert year round, all that would need to be changed up is the decoration. Which is easy. It's great for a Christmas party, or the Christmas table.
The delicious and jaw-dropping Christmas dessert is perfectly sweet with a tasty and creamy cream cheese frosting.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's an easy Christmas Bundt Cake, decorate the top as you like. Even just use Christmas colored sprinkles and it would still look great.
- The simplicity of the vanilla cake, that is not so sweet, is perfectly paired with the frosting - or even add any other side (e.g. ice cream).
- It's an easy dessert for holiday season.
- It's an easy holiday cake for any special occasion. The perfect dessert.
- The main reason I like this, is that of all the recipes I've tried, this gives the best moist bundt cake ever.
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsalted Butter
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Black Decorating Icing
- Christmas Light Bulb Sprinkles
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until creamy.
- Step 2: Add the powdered sugar and salt. Mix again.
- Step 3: Add the eggs and flour alternately. Little bit at a time.
- Step 4: Add the vanilla, almond extract and milk.
- Step 5: Mix on high for 1 minute.
- Step 6: Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven. (see bake time below)
- Step 7: Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from the bundt pan, onto a cooling rack.
- Step 8: Let the cake cool completely before decorating.
Hint: If you prefer, or are short on time, you could use a store bought yellow cake mix.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Simple Glaze - instead of a cream cheese frosting, make a simple glaze.
- Boxed Cake Mix - instead of homemade cake.
- Cake Flour - it does work nicely for a bundt cake.
- White Chocolate Chips - add white chocolate chips to the cake batter so they are throughout the center of the cake.
- M&M's - instead of the light bulb sugar icings you could use red m&m's and so on.
- Fresh Berries - instead of the light bulb decorations you could arrange some fresh berries.
- Vegetable Oil - use this in place of some of the butter.
- Chocolate Ganache - a melted chocolate like coating that is a perfect accompaniment to any Christmas dessert recipe.
- Candy Canes - if you can't find the light bulbs, they have the candy cane sprinkles which are nice.
- Chocolate Bundt Cake - decorate a chocolate bundt cake like this.
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake - decorate a gingerbread bundt cake like this one.
- Eggnog Bundt Cake - try eggnog bundt cake.
- Brown Sugar - works somewhat as a replacement.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I have a list of affiliate links for the equipment I used in the recipe card below.
📘 More Christmas Recipes
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This cake does freeze well. I would recommend freezing without the frosting though.
Expert Tip: If you cannot locate the special sprinkles, or are in a bind for time, just use regular sprinkles for an easy recipe.
If you’ve tried this Christmas Bundt Cake Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 1-½ Cups Butter, unsalted softened
- 1-½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2-¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-½ teaspoons Salt
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ¾ Cup Whole Milk, room temperature
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, unsalted, softened
- 1-½ Cups Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Tube Black Decorating Icing
- 1-½ Package Wiltons Christmas Lightbulbs Icing Decorations
- 1 Tablespoon Small Pearl Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the butter and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the baking powder and salt and keep mixing.
- Add three of the eggs and keep mixing.
- Add the flour and remaining eggs alternately.
- Add the milk, vanillla and almond extract.
- Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat for about 1 minute.
- Pour this cake batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Spread and level the top with a spatula then place in the preheated oven. Cook for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and place on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Turn the Bundt Pan back over, place the wire rack over the top and emtpy the Christmas Bundt Cake out onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bundt cake has cooled completely start making the frosting. Add the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl of your mixer. Mix until incorporated. Add the heavy cream, and more if needed until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour the frosting evenly over the top of the bundt cake, allowing to drip down the sides.
- Using the black decorating icing squeeze a line (like a set of Christmas lights) on top of the icing.
- Lay the lightbulbs along the black line.
- Sprinkle the pearl sprinkles sparingly.
I light to make this cake from scratch, it's a nice and easy vanilla bundt cake - however, if you are short on time - or prefer, feel free to use a yellow cake mix and follow the directions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 721Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 192mgSodium 606mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 1gSugar 57gProtein 8g