Perfectly sweet and deliciously chewy these heart shaped Rice Krispie treats are the perfect gift for Valentine's Day, a classroom or workplace treat.
Rice Krispie treats are always received well. A sweet treat - Kids love them, grown ups love them too.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- They're super easy to make, who doesn't like easy treats.
- Inexpensive Ingredients and you can make a bunch of fun treats!
- It's a fun recipe to have the kids help with.
- Classic treats that can be changed for any favorite holidays.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Rice Krispies
- Pink Frosting
- Valentines Sprinkles
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the butter to a large saucepan on the stove. Add medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Step 2: Add the vanilla and salt and stir well. Add the marshmallows.
- Step 3: Stir until the marshmallows have completely melted, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Add the Rice Krispies to the marshmallow mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Step 5: Empty cereal mixture out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper (greased).
- Step 6: Using the back of a spoon (greased), spread out the Rice Krispie mixture until ½" thick.
- Step 7: Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter cut out heart shapes.
- Step 8: Decorate how you like with the frosting and sprinkles.
Hint: When spreading out the Rice Krispie mixture and it has cooled enough spray your hands with cooking spray and use your hands to press the mixture evenly.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Melted Chocolate - Melt some chocolate or chocolate chips (or white chocolate) to decorate and drizzle.
- Food Coloring - if you only have white frosting just add a little red for a pretty color of pink.
- Pink Candy Melts - use these instead of the frosting (and white candy melts) to decorate.
- Edible Marker - use this to decorate on some slick melted chocolate.
- Almond Bark - use this instead of the frosting.
- Lollipop Stick - add a lollipop stick to help make it's hands free.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
All you'll need is a large pot, cookie sheet and heart shaped cookie cutters.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below.
📘 Related Recipes
Once the heart shaped Rice Krispie treats have cooled and been decorated store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to one week.
Expert Tip: If you want to freeze some, add to a freezer safe container (before you frost them) and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you’ve tried this Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 12 Tablespoons of Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 16oz Mini Marshmallows
- 9 Cups Rice Krispies
- (15oz) Can Pink Frosting
- Valentines Sprinkles
- In a large pot on the stove add the butter and apply medium heat to melt.
- Once the butter has completely melted add the vanilla and salt and stir well.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously, until no shapes remain in the mixture. Takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir well to coat all the Rice Krispies evenly.
- Empty out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, or parchment paper that has been sprayed with kitchen spray.
- Smooth out using a spoon greased with cooking spray. Once cooled enough you could spray your hands and use your hands too.
- Smooth out until about ½" thick, then use a heart shaped cookie cutter (greased) and cut out heart shapes from the Rice Krispie mixture. Cut different sizes (like I did) if you want.
- Once the heart shaped rice krispie treats have cooled completely you can decorate with the frosting and sprinkles however you like. I like to decant the frosting into a piping bag to be able to pipe out pretty patterns. You can just spoon it on there too if you like.
- Wait a few hours to harden enough to eat.
Try to move quickly in the beginning, so that when you cut out the heart shapes you can push the off cuts back together again and cut some more hearts out, before the Rice Krispie mixture hardens too much to work with.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 18mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 1g