A light and creamy tuna pasta salad is perfect for those summer months when you don't want to overdo it with the food. It's fresh, slightly tangy and filling just enough to leave you happy, perfect for summer time.
The delicious flavors in this creamy pasta salad are brought about from the perfect pairing of the ingredients.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's light and full of flavor.
- You can throw this easy dish together in a matter of minutes with some simple ingredients.
- It tastes even better the next day.
- Tuna pasta salad holds up well in the refrigerator, so can be made a day or two in advance if needed.
- Favorite pasta (I like to use bowties)
- White vinegar
- Frozen peas (thawed)
- Frozen corn (thawed)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sweet peppers
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Creole Grain mustard
- Red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Chunk Tuna Fish
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Cook the pasta per package instructions in a large pot of water, to al dente. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and set aside.
- Step 2: Chop all the ingredients as needed.
- Step 3: Place all ingredients (except dressing ingredients), plus the cooked pasta, into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 4: Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Step 5: Pour the dressing all over the salad then mix together using a salad serving set (spoon and fork).
Hint: This tuna pasta salad is perfect for potlucks and barbecues and if you're a big tuna fan you should try this Tuna Casserole Recipe from Bowl-Me-Over, it's the best I've tried yet.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Eggs - add a few chopped boiled eggs.
- Lemon Juice - this could be added in place of the vinegar, for that acidity.
- Green Onions - to add a little zip.
- Fresh Dill - dill will always work well with a fish flavor, anything mild in flavor.
- Red Bell Peppers - red bell peppers will add another layer of sweetness.
- Fresh Herbs - including the dill weed, there are a few herbs you could add to dress up this recipe, like parsley.
- Whole wheat pasta - Change it up by using whole wheat pasta instead.
- Pasta Shapes - this recipe will pretty much work with any type of pasta. Some favorites are elbow macaroni, rotini pasta, bowtie (my favorite), cavatappi.
- Sweet Pickle Relish - I love adding this sometimes, just to change it up.
- Dill Pickles - these tasty little bites taste so good chopped up in this salad.
- Miracle Whip - eliminate the need for the vinegar etc.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
You'll need a pot to cook the pasta in, and a colander to drain and rinse.
You'll then need a set of mixing bowls and a salad bowl with serving utensils.
I have added a couple of affiliate links in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
🥬 Other Salad Recipes You Might Like
This is one of those recipes that tastes better after a while.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This recipe does not hold up well to freezing.
Expert Tip: Make sure to allow at least 30 minutes chill time before serving. The marination in the refrigerator really helps bring all the flavors together.
It can be. Just a small 1 cup portion though, don't overdo it (as with everything). The carbohydrates in the pasta can be a bad thing if you eat too much, but most everything else is not bad.
If you want to lighten it up, use a fat free yogurt and light mayonnaise.
Only cold. The creaminess comes together once refrigerated and the flavors just would not be good hot.
If you’ve tried these Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 12oz Bowtie Pasta, cooked
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Cucumber, cut into quarters
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 Mini Sweet Peppers, diced
- 2 (5oz) Cans Tuna, drained
- ⅓ Cup Greek Yogurt, plain
- ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Creole Grain Mustard
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to shock the pasta and wash off any starch.
- While the pasta is cooking chop and prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl add the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, Creole mustard and garlic. Mix well with a whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Taste to make sure you’re happy with the seasoning.
- In a large bowl add the rinsed pasta, corn, peas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers and tuna.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the salad ingredients and mix with salad serving spoons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 9mgSodium 143mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 9g