You won't believe it but an air fryer green bean casserole is the best way to cook one. You end up with some really delicious crispy onions on top of some melted cheese with a tasty green beans in a mushroom sauce underneath.
It's the perfect Thanksgiving dinner side dish and you can prepare it and have it cooked in less than 20 minutes.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- My favorite thing about cooking a green bean casserole in the air fryer is it doesn't rely on the oven space. The oven can be very busy on Thanksgiving and being able to use other means of cooking is very much appreciated.
- The ingredients are inexpensive - which in today's economy is welcomed and a good reason to celebrate.
- It's an easy recipe that you can get together in less than 5 minutes.
- It tastes better the next day.
- It pairs perfectly with a delicious Cajun Turkey Breast.
- Canned Green Beans
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cheddar Cheese
- Crispy fried onions
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Preheat your air fryer in the bake mode to 350°F.
- Step 2: Add the green beans, bacon, mushroom soup and onions to a small casserole dish (or baking dish) and stir to combine.
- Step 3: Top with grated cheddar then sprinkle the crispy French fried onions on top.
- Step 4: Cook in the air fryer basket for 15 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling at the sides.
Hint: If you want to keep your green bean casserole warm in the air fryer then open it up after the cooking time to let some of the heat out, then close it up again. It should stay warm in there for a while without burning the top.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Fresh Green Beans - instead of the canned version. You may need to par-cook first, or cook a little longer.
- Soy Sauce - adds a little umami flavor.
- Garlic Powder - add a little more garlic flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese - more cheesy flavor.
- Cream of Chicken - add some more meat flavors.
- Black Pepper - the sodium rich canned ingredients won't leave you needing salt but black pepper could be added.
- French Green Beans - use these if you prefer.
- Sour Cream - add a little sour cream in place of the mushroom soup for richness of a creamy sauce.
- Fresh Mushrooms - for more ingredients.
- Onion Powder - for more onion flavors.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love my Instant Vortex Air Fryer. It is simple to use and really easy to clean. I have more information about it in the recipe card below.
I also have a link to the oval casserole dish I used too.
📘 More Thanksgiving Side Dishes
For more side dishes to go with your holiday meal;
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Cajun Green Beans
- Cranberry Apple Rice Pilaf
- Baked Oyster Dressing
- Jiffy Corn Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe
- Cajun Rice Dressing
- Loaded Green Bean Casserole
More Air Fryer Recipes
For more air fryer recipes you should try the following;
After allowing the green bean casserole to cool completely store in the refrigerator, covered (or in an airtight container) for up to 4 days.
Expert Tip: This basic recipe tastes much better the next day, so mix ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator. The next day pull it out and allow to come to room temperature before adding to the air fryer.
If you’ve tried this Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
Deliciously crispy on top, cooking your green bean casserole in the air fryer really is a game changer.
- 2 (15oz) Cans Green Beans
- 1 (10.5oz) Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 Strips Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Cup Crispy Fried Onions
- Preheat your air fryer (on bake) to 350°F.
- Add the green beans, mushroom soup, diced onions and chopped bacon to a small casserole dish (that will fit in the basket of your air fryer).
- Mix together well then top with first the grated cheddar then the crispy fried onion.
- Once the air fryer is ready add the dish to the basket and cook for 15 minutes.
If you want to keep the green bean casserole warm in the air fryer, you may want to open the basket first to let some of that heat out. You don't want to burn the onions on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 221Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 22mgSodium 688mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 9g
Leave a Reply