Once I had tried cooking my sausage balls in the air fryer there was no going back. Crispy outside, soft and juicy inside - air fryer sausage balls are going to be your new favorite party food.
I normally like to bring out the sausage balls for game day and super bowl, or parties where finger food is the norm.
You could even serve it as a delicious appetizer, depends on the setting. They're a massive crowd pleaser.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- You can have these sausage cheese balls in your air fryer in 5 minutes. It's quick, super quick.
- What's more addictive than breakfast sausage? I tell you, I don't know. These sausage balls are literally my favorite snack.
- These are perfect as make ahead breakfast snacks.
- As it is an air fryer recipe it's a healthier option.
- Make these for your next party.
- Breakfast sausage
- Pancake Mix (like Bisquick)
- Cream Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (freshly shredded cheese)
- Garlic Powder
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Preheat your air fryer. Add all ingredients to the bowl of your stand mixer and mix sausage until totally combined. (Or add to a large mixing bowl and use your hands).
- Step 2: Take 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture and using your hands roll into about 1-½ inch balls. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Step 3: Lightly spray the basket for your air fryer with cooking spray. Lay out the sausage balls 1" apart in a single layer in the air fryer basket (you may need to cook in 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Step 4: Air fry sausage balls for 10 minutes until golden brown. Once cooked, if you're cooking 2 batches, use tongs and place the cooked sausage balls on a baking sheet while you cook the rest.
Hint: I typically offer ketchup with our sausage balls, but really they go with pretty much any dip.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Italian Sausage - Italian ground sausage instead of breakfast sausage.
- Spicy Sausage - if you like a little heat try using a spicy sausage.
- Almond Flour - For a keto version replace the cup of bisquick with almond flour.
- Red Pepper Flakes - Add a little heat by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Monterey Jack - Swap out the cheddar cheese for Monterey Jack (or any other favorite cheese).
- Sour Cream - try swapping out a little cream cheese for sour cream.
- Turkey Sausage - a little healthier option.
- Rosemary Leaves - another herb I've heard people like to add.
- Pork Sausages - you could use pork sausages but you'll have to increase the amount of spices you add.
- Crescent Roll Dough - try using this instead of the pancake mix.
- Maple Syrup - this tastes great added.
- Hot Sausage - if you like the heat.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I have a link to the type of air fryer I use, in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📘 Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Bites
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Ham and Cheese Bites
You should also try these sausage balls with my southern white gravy. They're delicious.
Once cooled completely store the cheesy sausage balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
Place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Expert Tip: To reheat bring back to room temperature then pop them back into the air fryer again for 1-2 minutes to stay crispy.
If you’ve tried these Air Fryer Sausage Balls or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Air Fryer Sausage Balls
Crispy on the outside, deliciously juicy and soft inside air fryer sausage balls are not only easy but the perfect game day food.
- 1lb Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Cups Pancake Mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 (8oz) Block Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ Cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl to mix by hand) and mix until well combined.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the sausage mixture.
- Lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with cooking spray and line up the sausage balls about 1" apart.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Check for doneness then serve with your favorite dip.
Cooking time may vary depending on the air fryer you use. You may need to watch after 8 minutes or may need longer than 10. If in doubt, use a meat thermometer, they need to be 160°F internal temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 90mgSodium 1274mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 23g
Leave a Reply