If you love Cheddar Bay Biscuits and you love Sausage Balls, then this is the recipe for you. These Cheddar Bay Sausage Balls are the perfect blend of both things loved by so many.
Sausage balls are naturally a Christmas time favorite. They're great to serve for gatherings and parties. Game Day parties are perfect too.
The tasty Red Lobster biscuit dough is a perfect binder for these sausage balls. A delicious garlicky, cheesy flavor.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- These tasty bites are really easy to make, just mix together, shape into balls and bake.
- There are very few ingredients.
- It's a flexible recipe in that you could swap/add things really easily.
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Ground Sausage (pork)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together until well combined (including the seasoning packet).
- Step 2: Shape into 1-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Step 3: Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Step 4: Allow to cool slightly before serving with your favorite dip.
If you are a sausage balls fanatic (like me), check out this air fryer sausage balls recipe.
Hint: If you are using a non-stick baking sheet then parchment paper shouldn't be necessary - the sausage balls break free really easily. You could use it though (if you prefer it for clean up reasons).
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Pepper Jack Cheese - instead of cheddar.
- Hot Sausage - add spicy sausage instead of regular pork.
- Red Pepper Flakes - to add some heat.
- Chives - these taste great when added.
- Green Onions - same as above.
- Italian Sausage - instead of pork sausage.
- Pimento Cheese - instead of cream cheese.
- Turkey Sausage - instead of pork - although this will be drier.
- Cayenne Pepper - to add some heat.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Although I used a stand mixer for mixing the sausage mixture - you could just mix by hand with a little elbow grease.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below for more information.
📘 Related Recipes
- Little Caesars Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
- Natchitoches Meat Pie Recipe
- Garlic Butter Rolls
- Air Fryer Sausage Balls
- Homemade Corn Nuggets Recipe
Store the Cheddar Bay Sausage Balls in an airtight container, with a piece of paper towel to prevent moisture, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
These sausage balls do freeze well. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Expert Tip: I like to serve mine with a delicious ranch dressing or some honey mustard, but you could also try this Popeyes Sweet Heat Sauce Recipe - it's amazing with this appetizer.
You could have cooked them too long, or the biscuit mix to wet ingredients ratio is not quite right. Perhaps more cheese?
If you’ve tried this Cheddar Bay Sausage Balls Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cheddar Bay Sausage Balls
- 1 12oz Box Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix (including seasoning packet)
- 1 lb Pork Sausage
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low-medium with a paddle attachment until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out enough for a 1" sausage ball and roll with your hands.
- Arrange on a baking sheet about 1" apart - they will grow a little.
- Bake for 18-20 Minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving with your favorite dip.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!