Tuna pinwheels are a great way to feed a group of people. A great finger food, that looks cute too. Delicious ranch flavored tuna with red onion, cucumber and lettuce.
Sometimes you just want something different than the usual sandwich. Pinwheels are a great alternative.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Great for Game Day. Kids gatherings, or having a few folks come over.... the tuna pinwheels just look a little more inviting than a regular sandwich.
- They're a quick and easy lunch to prepare and add to lunch boxes.
- A great healthy appetizer to prepare.
- Large Flour Tortillas (Burrito size)
- Tuna Creations Mix (or tuna fish salad)
- English Cucumber
- Red Onion
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sea Salt and Pepper
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Spread the tuna creations mixture on the tortilla, a little away from the edges.
- Step 2: Sprinkle with the chopped cucumber and red onion.
- Step 3: Add the shredded lettuce and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Roll the tortilla up and wrap in plastic wrap tightly.
- Step 5: Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, then slice into 1" slices cutting off the end of each tortilla.
Hint: The one hour refrigeration time helps the tuna pinwheels to hold their shape and not unroll on the plate. A minimum of one hour is best. Don't leave them longer than a day though as they can get soggy.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Cream Cheese - spread softened cream cheese first.
- Cheddar Cheese - sprinkle some on top.
- Dill Weed - add a little to the tuna.
- Lemon Juice - for a little acidity.
- Green Onion - in place of the red onion.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Not much of anything is needed here, except maybe a chopping board to slice the pinwheels.
📘 Related Recipes
The tuna pinwheels can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Any longer than that and it'll start getting soggy.
Expert Tip: I like to use the Tuna Creations because the tuna has so much great flavor. You could make your own tuna salad though, if you prefer.
If you’ve tried this Tuna Pinwheels Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 1 Large Flour Tortilla Burrito Size
- 2 2.6oz Packs Tuna Creations (Ranch)
- ¼ Cup Chopped English Cucumber
- ¼ Cup Chopped Red Onion
- ½ Cup Shredded Lettuce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spread the tuna mixture out on the flour tortilla, a little away from the edges.
- Sprinkle the chopped cucumber and red onion evenly over the top.
- Top with the lettuce then season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the tortilla up with the filling inside.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about one hour. This will help the pinwheels keep their shape.
- After the time is up remove the plastic wrap and slice the rolled tortilla into 1" slices. These are your pinwheels. Line them up on a plate to serve.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!