Surprisingly, grilled mango is superb and easy to fix- plus it's the perfect side dish to any seafood dish in the summer time. Juicy mango with spicy flavors is perfection.
Mango tends to be in season from May to September, so it's perfect during these months. You can find imported mangos sometimes at the store too.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- A really healthy side dish.
- If you love the sweet/spicy flavor profile then you'll love this recipe.
- It's zesty and full of flavor, perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a dessert too.
- Fresh Mango
- Canola Oil
- Lime Juice
- Lime Zest
- Chipotle Chili Powder
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Cut each mango in half.
- Step 2: Score the mango halves in a diamond shape, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Step 3: Brush the mango flesh with canola oil.
- Step 4: Grill the mango slices flesh down for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5: Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with zest, salt and chili powder.
Hint: If the mango is not ripe enough it will be hard to fold it/fan it. Grip the mango and it if gives to your touch then it should be ripe enough. For more grill marks don't fan out til after you've grilled the mango.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Lemon Juice - use lemon juice and zest if you don't have limes.
- Olive Oil - avocado oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of canola oil.
- Brown Sugar - for more caramelization.
- Coconut Flakes - for added texture.
- Honey - add a drizzle of honey.
Being served alongside some delicious grilled cobia.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Although cooking on an outdoor grill is preferred, if you don't have one this will work perfectly fine using a grill pan. Give a spray with some cooking spray.
📘 Related Recipes
Once the mango has cooled store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I wouldn't heat it again, it can be enjoyed cooled as well.
Expert Tip: Use any leftover mangos with that delicious seasoning and make a mango salsa.
The sugars in the fruit caramelize and will bring out the delicious sweetness even more.
If you’ve tried this Grilled Mango Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 4 Ripe Mangos
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Lime, juiced and zest
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- Cut Mangos in half.
- Score the mangos down to the skin, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Brush the mango flesh with canola oil.
- Grill the mangos, flesh down, for 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over mangos then sprinkle with zest, salt and chili powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 132Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 269mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 1g