If you're looking for cute Thanksgiving treats then this Thanksgiving Cake Pop Recipe is perfect for you. Delicious balls of cake dipped and decorated to be little turkey cake pops.
They actually make great fall cake pops, so think about making these all season long!
I had some cake tops that I had kept in the freezer that I knew would come in handy when I wanted to make something like this. I was thinking on some cake pop ideas, then I wondered if you could make a turkey cake pop.... and just look.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's actually easy to make cake pops - after you've done it a few times that is. You do get better at it the more you do it.
- Using the almond bark actually makes the dipping/coating part a lot easier. I know it's not as yummy as chocolate - but if you're looking for easy - I think it is that.
- Could they BE any cuter? Bring them as Thanksgiving class treats, the kids will adore them.
- They look great on your Thanksgiving table.
- Cake (any leftovers, or cake mix, or just bake one)
- Ritz Crackers
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Vanilla Frosting
- Candy Corn
- Candy Eyeballs
- Sprinkles (heart and yellow confetti type)
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Melt the almond bark and dip each Ritz cracker. Lay on cookie sheets lined with wax paper and arrange four candy corn pieces on the edge (for the turkey tail).
- Step 2: Add the frosting to the crumbled cake. Mix together until evenly mixed.
- Step 3: Take 2 tablespoons of the cake mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with all the cake mixture. Take a treat stick and dip the end into the melted almond bark, then push half way into the center of the cake ball. Repeat with all the cake balls. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Reheat the almond bark again until dipping consistency, then dip each of the chocolate cake pops, allowing the excess to drip off. Then lay onto the Ritz Cracker. Arrange the sprinkles for the face while still wet.
Hint: Although I had some delicious cake tops leftover from baking a cake - you could also bake your favorite cake.... or just throw together a cake mix. Whichever you prefer.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Milk Chocolate - instead of almond bark use melted chocolate.
- Candy Melts - instead of almond bark use a candy coating.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix - turn these cute little turkeys into serious fall treats.
- White Candy Melts - make white turkey cake pops.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I have all the equipment I used in this Thanksgiving Cake Pop Recipe listed in the recipe card below, along with some affiliate links.
📘 More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hand Pies
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
- Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes
- Amish Pumpkin Pie Recipe
The turkey cake pops can be store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Store each in a cellophane wrapper if you have them.
Expert Tip: If the cake pop dries before you're able to get the face on there - take a stick and dab a little chocolate behind each eyeball and sprinkle and arrange the face that way.
You probably haven't frozen them for long enough.
You can use any cake you like. Red velvet, white cake, yellow cake etc. is all fine. The same goes for the frosting. You could use cream cheese frosting, chocolate, or any other type that you prefer.
By hand is really easy... however, I've seen people use an electric mixer too.
If you’ve tried this Thanksgiving Cake Pop Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 24oz Chocolate Almond Bark
- 16 Ritz Crackers
- 64 Candy Corn Pieces
- 4 Cups Cake, crumbled (I used Chocolate cake)
- 3 Tablespoons Frosting (I used Vanilla)
- 32 Candy Eyeballs
- Add the almond bark to a medium bowl and microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring between, until totally melted and smooth.
- Dip each ritz cracker into the almond bark, coating it completely, then lay out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Before it dries, place four candy corn pieces (for the turkey's tail) on one edge of the cracker.
- Repeat until all crackers have been coated.
- Add the crumbled up cake and frosting to a large mixing bowl, and mix together until totally combined.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of the cake mixture and roll into a ball. Lay on another baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Repeat until all cake mixture is used.
- Take a 6" treat stick and dip the end 1" into the melted almond bark, then push half way into a cake ball.
- Repeat with the remaining cake balls.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake has frozen enough, reheat the almond bark to dipping consistency.
- Dip each cake ball into the melted almond bark until totally coated. Allow to drip off (mostly) then lay onto one of the coated ritz crackers.
- While the coated cake pop is still wet place two candy eyes, one nose sprinkle and an upside down heart sprinkle underneath for the face of the turkey cake pop.
- Repeat with the remaining cake pops.
- Arrange/display as desired.
I had some leftover cake tops from baking a while back which was perfect for this recipe - you can make your own cake OR just throw together a box mix and quickly whip up a cake. Depends on how special you need them to be? Typically young kids won't notice the difference!
I like to use Almond Bark because I prefer how easy it is to dip/coat. If you prefer, you could use candy melts, or even better... chocolate!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 43mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 6gSugar 39gProtein 9g