These Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes are super fun and delicious. They're so festive for that Thanksgiving season and always bring a huge smile to whoever I make them for.
Making Thanksgiving cupcakes is a fun activity to share with the kids, and these easy turkey cupcakes are simple, even for the littlest fingers.
They're perfect for the Thanksgiving table.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- You can decide if you want to make the cupcakes yourself, use a box mix, or pick some pre-made cupcakes up from the local store.
- You can assemble the cupcakes in super quick time.
- They're a great fun treat for after Thanksgiving dinner - or as a classroom treat for a Thanksgiving celebration - they're so much fun.
- It's a fun way to use any leftover treats you have from Halloween.
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes
- M&M's (brown, orange, yellow)
- Pretzels (kids Halloween are great)
- Gummi Worms (they need the red part)
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Piping Gel (icing - for the glue)
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Using the piping gel a-fix the candy eyes to each Nutter Butter cookie with the glue on the back of the edible eyes - on the larger part of the cookies.
- Step 2: Cut two yellow M&M's in half and glue half to each Nutter Butter - for the beak.
- Step 3: Cut the red sections from the gummi worms and glue by the side of the beak for the turkey waddle. (Or use kitchen shears).
- Step 4: Push each turkey cookie down into the chocolate frosting, in front of each cupcake - standing upright.
- Step 5: Push the pretzels down into the frosting, behind each Nutter Butter - to represent the turkey tail feathers.
- Step 6: Decorate in front of each pretzel with M&M's for a little color (orange or yellow).
Hint: We always get a lot of Utz Halloween Pretzels (bats and pumpkins) for the kids over Halloween. These are the perfect shape/size for the turkey tails. Use the bats and push them into the frosting.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Candy Corn - instead of the pretzels you could use candy corn candies for the tail.
- Oreo Cookies - crumble some up to represent dirt on top the cupcake.
- Fruit Strips - cut up some fruit strips to represent the red fleshy thing on the turkey.
- Fruit Roll Ups - same as above.
- Reese's Pieces - you could use Reese's Pieces in place of the M&M's.
- Swedish Fish - you can use the different colors of the fish for the turkey feathers.
- Frosting - you can use a dab of frosting to glue the turkey faces, instead of the piping gel.
- Peanut butter M&M's - instead of chocolate M&M's.
- Vanilla Cupcakes - instead of chocolate cupcake.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No equipment is needed in making these turkey cupcakes.
📘 Related Recipes
Depending on the frosting on your cupcakes - if you have a type that will need refrigeration then you'll need to refrigerate these cupcakes in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
If they don't need refrigeration then they can stay at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Expert Tip: If you don't want to push a whole Nutter Butter into the cupcake you could cut the bottom off it and use a toothpick to hold it up, it's all going to depend on the density of your cupcake.
If you’ve tried this Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes
Cute Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes are a delicious way to dress up a cupcake for Thanksgiving.
- 4 Prepared Chocolate Cupcakes
- 4 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 12 Pretzels
- 14 Chocolate M&M's (orange and yellow)
- 8 Candy Eyes
- 2 Gummi Worms
- Piping Gel (for glue)
- Using the pipiing gel fix the candy eyes to each Nutter Butter Cookie.
- Cut 2 yellow M&M's in half and using the piping gel glue a half onto the cookie (for the beak).
- Cut the red pieces off the gummi worms and glue to a side of the yellow beaks.
- Push each Nutter Butter into a cupcake a little forward from center.
- Take three pretzels and push into the back of the cupcake behind the Nutter Butter, for the tail.
- Place a few M&M cookies in front the pretzels for a little color.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 811Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 46mgSodium 1237mgCarbohydrates 138gFiber 5gSugar 47gProtein 14g
Leave a Reply