A baked potato is one of the best, most comforting lunch or side dish you can get. A crawfish baked potato turns a regular baked potato into one that you'll never forget. Cheesy, buttery and topped with breadcrumbs.
If you've never had Crawfish Au Gratin before, you're in for a treat. Make a small dish of this delicious Cajun masterpiece.
You can use it on practically anything. On top of a piece of fish, as a stuffing or even as a dip. I like to stuff my baked potato with it!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's cheesy, buttery and full of crawfish tails and Cajun seasoning.
- A baked potato is so comforting and filling, pair it with the au gratin and you're in heaven.
- It's a great side dish for practically anything.
- Large Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Crawfish Au Gratin
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Wash and dry the potatoes, then pierce with a fork.
- Step 2: Rub Olive Oil all over the outer skin of the potatoes, covering all the skin.
- Step 3: Place potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle the coarse sea salt all over, then bake potatoes (uncovered) in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Step 4: Fill the potato shells with the Crawfish Au Gratin (crawfish mixture) and sprinkle with green onions.
Hint: Remove some of the potato flesh if you prefer more of the filling and less of the potato. Personally, I like both so just heap mine on. They're crawfish stuffed potatoes.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Sour Cream - perhaps a tablespoon or two on each potato before adding the crawfish mixture.
- Hot Sauce - always offer hot sauce with southern food.
- Velveeta Cheese - Melt a little of this to pour over the top, maybe.
- Stick of Butter - offer this while eating to help with the potato, where necessary.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For the baking of the potatoes I used a regular baking sheet, all equipment used in the making of the au gratin recipe is listed in that post.
I have all links and affiliate links in the recipe card below.
📘 More Crawfish Recipes
- Crawfish Etouffee
- Crawfish Pistolettes
- Crawfish Enchiladas
- Crawfish Mac and Cheese
- Fried Crawfish Poboy
Try pouring this Crawfish Sauce over your baked potato - it's also really good.
If you don't plan on eating all the potatoes right away, wait until they have cooled completely then wrap each one in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
If you have leftovers with the filling, just place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Expert Tip: Cooking the potato with covering, in the oven, allows for a really nice crispy skin to form. The skin of a potato has the most nutrients and can be really flavorful when cooked in this way, with olive oil and salt.
If you’ve tried this Crawfish Baked Potato Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ Crawfish Au Gratin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and dry four large baking potatoes (like a russet).
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, in a few even areas.
- Rub Olive Oil all over the skin.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt and bake (uncovered) for 1 hour.
- If you are making the crawfish au gratin from scratch, make it now (it doesn't take long). If you're using leftovers then wait til the end to heat it through.
- Remove from the oven, cut open after 5 minutes of cooling and fill with the Crawfish Au Gratin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1099mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 7gSugar 3gProtein 8g
These values do not include the Crawfish Au Gratin. Those values can be found by following the link.