This crock pot chicken and gravy recipe is my go-to for those nights when you know you're too busy to cook. Toss it all into the crock pot before you go to work and it's ready when you come home. Deliciously creamy, juicy and tender chicken full of flavor.
I actually like making this when we go tailgating too, it's a simple meal to fix it and leave it while the game is playing!
We typically serve this chicken and gravy on rice but it's also good on a nice crusty bread roll.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- There are only a handful of ingredients, typically stuff you'll find in your pantry day to day.
- It's inexpensive - with today's economy the way it is I'm always on the look out for a cost-effective meal.
- With this easy recipe, you can literally have this meal together in less than 5 minutes!
- A slow cooker chicken meal can't be beat for a family friendly meal.
- It's pure comfort food the whole family will enjoy in those winter months.
- If you have picky kids (like I do) then the lack of onions or other offensive tidbits will have the wolfing it down.
- It's a great recipe for leftover chicken too.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Creole Seasoning
- Chicken Gravy Packets
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Fresh Parsley (optional Garnish)
- Salt and black pepper (optional - to taste)
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Place chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker and season with Creole Seasoning.
- Step 2: In a large mixing bowl add the two soups, chicken gravy and the chicken broth and mix together with a whisk.
- Step 3: Pour this mixture over the top of the chicken breasts, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Step 4: Take 2 forks and shred the chicken.
- Step 5: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a small sprinkle of chopped parsley (for color). Serve this creamy gravy over white rice or egg noodles.
Hint: This recipe uses a lot of sodium rich products, so the need for salt at the end of cooking should not be required. I find it perfectly seasoned without the need to add any more. This is personal preference though.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Chicken Thighs- I used breast but you could use chicken thighs or chicken tenders just as easily.
- Garlic Powder - Add a little garlic flavor.
- Onion Powder - Adds a little sweet onion flavor.
- Sour Cream - Some people add sour cream for richness.
- Ranch Seasoning - instead of one of the gravy packets.
- Poultry Seasoning - instead of the Creole seasoning.
- Turkey Breasts - instead of the juicy chicken breasts.
- Cauliflower Rice - serve with this instead of white rice.
- Brown Rice - serve with this instead of white rice.
- Cranberry Sauce - serve with a little of this on the side. It'll taste like Thanksgiving.
- Instant Pot - Speed things up, try this recipe in the instant pot.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Not much equipment needed. I used a 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe and a medium/large mixing bowl.
I used a whisk to mix the gravy ingredients but you could use a fork.
See some affiliate links in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
📘 More Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Tri Tip Roast
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Hash Brown Casserole
- Jiffy Corn Casserole In the Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Pinto Beans
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Steak Pie
Store this chicken and gravy recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
It will freeze well, if you need to. Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Expert Tip: If you like your gravy a little bit thicker, for best results I recommend using instant mashed potatoes. This is a great way to thicken any gravy and it also imparts great flavor too. Add slowly and carefully, stirring.
If you’ve tried this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Ssprinkle with the Creole Seasoning.
- In a large bowl mix the chicken gravy, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and the chicken broth with a whisk.
- Pour over the top of the chicken breasts, cover and cook on low for 7 hours (or high for 5).
- Using two forks shred the chicken. Taste the gravy and season to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
Due to the sodium rich ingredients you shouldn't need salt although taste differ, so taste before you season.
If you like a thicker gravy I recommend using mashed potato flakes to thicken. Do this carefully and slowly. 1 tablespoon at a time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 74mgSodium 860mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 29g
This does not include any rice you may dish up with the recipe.