This crockpot Cracker Barrel cheesy hash brown casserole recipe is something you can whip up and get cooking in the crockpot within 5 minutes. It's serious comfort food, that makes your tummy very happy.
This breakfast casserole can be eaten any time of day! Traditionally, hash browns are a breakfast thing, but I could definitely eat them with supper, lunch or as a snack before bed.
Lol, yes I love them that much I could eat them any time of the day.
I think it's becoming well known that Cracker Barrel just so happens to be my favorite restaurant. I think you can tell by how many other recipes I have on this site.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's so easy to make this recipe that it's always a go-to for us when we go tailgating. It's a great morning after kind of breakfast!
- With the economy the way it is right now it's important to keep things on the more economical side. The ingredients in this recipe are inexpensive (and there are not many).
- It's so easy to jazz this up. You could add leftover meat from another meal, like pork chops. Or, add some cooked bacon to have a more full and perfect breakfast casserole.
- It can be the perfect side dish - a Thanksgiving side dish too.
- This breakfast crowd pleaser is a perfect Christmas morning feast!
- Frozen Hash Browns
- Salted Butter
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Colby-Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: In a large bowl add the cream of chicken, sour cream and melted butter and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 2: Add the frozen hash browns, grated Colby-Jack cheese and diced shallots and stir again to combine.
- Step 3: Pour into a greased slow cooker and using the back of a spoon level out the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Step 4: Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-½ hours.
Hint: if your slow cooker tends to run hotter than usual you may want to cook this on the low setting only, as you may curdle the sour cream.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Cheddar Cheese - instead of the colby cheese.
- Cream of Celery Soup - instead of cream of chicken.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - instead of cream of chicken.
- Green Beans - add some green beans for some extra vegetable flavor.
- Meat - add some leftover meat or ham, or cook some bacon to add.
- Green Onions - instead of the shallots.
- Garlic Powder - to add another level of flavor to these cheesy potatoes.
- Fresh Potatoes - you could slice some potatoes real thin, it would be a lot like scalloped potatoes. Or you could use fresh potatoes and grate them into hash browns yourself.
- Crunchy Topping - you could add a little texture by sprinkling some bacon bits on top, or maybe some crispy fried onions.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll need a slow cooker (crock pot) that is 6 quart or bigger for this recipe. I have a link to the one I used in the recipe card below.
You'll also need a large mixing bowl.
📘 More Crock Pot Recipes
- Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Pinto Beans and Sausage
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Tri Tip Roast
- Kielbasa and Baked Beans
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Chicken and Gravy
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup
If you like Cracker Barrel Recipes you should try my fried apples recipe, or my Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole.
Once the hash brown casserole has cooled completely store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Expert Tip: Add some bacon bits for a more 'loaded' experience.
Yes, it's the same. Loaded basically means being full of sour cream, onions and cheese.
If you’ve tried this Crockpot Cracker Barrel Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Crockpot Cracker Barrel Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
This crockpot Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole recipe is cheesy perfection. It's creamy, full of flavor and addictive.
- 32oz Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 Stick (½ Cup) Salted Butter, melted
- 1 (10.5oz) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese (divided)
- 3 Shallots, diced
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add the melted butter, cream of chicken soup and sour cream to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced shallots, hash browns and 1-½ cups of the Colby-Jack cheese. Mix again.
- Add the mixture to a greased crockpot and spread to level out.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese on top, cover and cook on high for 2-½ hours or low for about 4 hours.
Sometimes I like to use salted butter as I feel it does season well. Considering a can of chicken soup normally is quite high in sodium you might not need any more salt than this. If you know you normally like your food to be more seasoned than others you may want to add some more. You do you.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 67mgSodium 416mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 13g
Leave a Reply