Talk about an easy way to make fall cookies. This pumpkin cookies with cake mix recipe is one you'll want to keep. A deliciously light, slightly spicy with pumpkin pie spice and the cookie itself is nice, soft and moist - topped with a yummy cream cheese frosting.
Naturally, as we head into the fall season anything pumpkin spice is a sudden favorite. As soon as Starbucks comes out with their pumpkin spice latte all hell breaks loose and everyone starts jumping on the pumpkin spice train.
Lol - I love it. It's not always logistically possible though to go buy one all the time though, so these cookies are the next best thing. Try making your favorite coffee at home then eat a pumpkin spice cookie (or two).
❤️ Why you'll love this easy recipe
- Using a box of spice cake mix to make cookies is genius. It really makes things super easy and quick. All you have to do is add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and you're done.
- Frosting it can be easier too. You could try using the store bought cream cheese frosting to make is even easier.
- Using a cake mix gives you delicious fluffy pumpkin cookies. The best part - A soft cookie.
- A great way to bring delicious pumpkin cookies to the office without too much hard work - and your co-workers will think they're homemade cookies (from scratch I mean).
- If you love a good pumpkin pie recipe, like me, then you'll love these cookies.
- Spice Cake Mix (my favorite cake mix flavor)
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cream Cheese Frosting
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the box of cake mix to a large bowl with the can of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Step 2: On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper scoop the cookie dough on to the paper, 2" apart, with a medium cookie scoop.
- Step 3: Bake for 8-10 minutes in a pre-heated oven then remove and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Step 4: Spoon cream cheese frosting over each pumpkin spice cookie.
Hint: After the cookies come out of the oven press down with the bottom of a glass, just a little on each cookie to flatten out somewhat.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Yellow Cake Mix - instead of spice cake, if you have a yellow cake mix you could use this and add more pumpkin pie spice.
- White Cake Mix - same as above.
- Chocolate Chips - turn them into delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- White Chocolate Chips - same as above.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll need a large mixing bowl, some baking sheets and parchment paper. I have some links in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Amish Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Macarons
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- White Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Mini Pumpkin Pies
Once the cookies are finished with you'll want to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days. They're fine at room temperature, but only for a few hours.
They can be frozen (for up to 6 months in a freezer safe container) - but I recommend doing that before frosting them.
Expert Tip: I used a hand mixer to mix my dough- the dough can be very thick and difficult to mix by hand. Or use a stand mixer if you have one.
If you’ve tried this Pumpkin Cookies With A Cake Mix Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Pumpkin Cookies with a Cake Mix Recipe
- 1 15.25oz Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice + more for sprinkling
- 1-½ Cups Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add the cake mix, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2" apart.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting on the top of the cookies.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!