A no bake pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe that is so simple to make you won't believe it. A delicious gingersnap crust giving that slight sweet spiced crunch topped with a creamy pumpkin flavor cheesecake layer and topped with frozen whipped topping.
Naturally, with all things pumpkin, fall is my favorite time of year to prepare this dessert. It's perfect for after a Thanksgiving meal, or any time during fall, just because.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- With it being a no bake cheesecake the time and effort involved is minimal.
- Other than the refrigeration periods this dessert only takes 20 minutes of your time.
- Ginger Snap Cookies
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter, unsalted and melted
- Heavy Cream
- Pumpkin Puree
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Frozen Whipped Topping
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the gingersnap cookies to the bowl of a food processor and mix for about a minute then add the melted butter and granulated sugar and mix again.
- Step 2: Line a 9x13" baking dish with foil and press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the dish using the bottom of a glass. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the heavy cream with the whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form. Change to the paddle attachment and add the blocks of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, powdered sugar and 1 box of the instant pudding mix and mix until totally combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Step 4: Pour over the top of the cookie base and level off with an offset spatula, or the back of a spoon, then refrigerate again another 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Add the remaining heavy cream, whipped topping (I like to use Cool Whip) and 1 box of instant pudding mix and mix until combined.
- Step 6: Spoon over the top of the pumpkin cheesecake layer and refrigerate again for another 30 minutes (or more is better).
- Step 7: Life the foil lining out of the dish and cut into squares to serve. Crumble gingersnap cookies over the top.
Hint: If you don't have a food processor, you could add the cookies to a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin. Then mix the other ingredients after.
Using foil to line the dish and lift it out will help you to cut beautiful squares and dish it up all pretty, instead of digging the squares out of the dish.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix - instead of the cheesecake flavored.
- Graham Cracker Crust - instead of a gingersnap cookie crust.
- Brown Sugar - instead of powdered sugar, but you won't need as much.
- Vanilla Extract - for a touch of a little extra.
- Homemade pumpkin puree - make your own if you don't like using canned pumpkin puree.
- Sour Cream - you could exchange a little sour cream for some of the cream cheese.
- Ground Ginger - if you don't have gingersnap cookies but want that flavor you could add a little ground ginger to, say, Graham crackers for the crust.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
During the making of this recipe I used a food processor, a stand mixer and a 9 x 13" baking dish.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below, for recommendations.
📘 More Pumpkin Recipes
I love everything pumpkin and so am always looking to add pumpkin desserts to my site. Below are some of my favorites;
- Amish Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Amish Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Macarons
- No Bake Mini Pumpkin Pies
You should also try this Little Debbies favorite Oatmeal Creme Pie Cheesecake.
This pumpkin cheesecake recipe will need to be stored in the refrigerator and only brought out to serve a slice. Cover dish with cling wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
This does freeze well. Wrap with foil first then with plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Expert Tip: Clean off the blade of your sharp knife after each slice to keep the slices looking pretty.
If you’ve tried this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 16 oz Gingersnap Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 8oz Blocks Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1-½ Cup Heavy Cream divided
- 2 3.2oz Package Cheesecake Instant Pudding
- 1 14oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 16oz Container Whipped Cream Topping
- Add the gingersnap cookies (reserving a handful to crumble on top afterward) to a food processor and mix for a minute. Then add the melted butter and sugar and mix again.
- Line a 9x13" dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press the crushed gingersnap cookie mixture into the bottom of the dish. Use the bottom of a flat measuring cup, or a glass if you like, to get it nice and even. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add one cup of cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, 1 package of cheesecake instant pudding and the powdered sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture on top of the gingersnap cookie base, using the back of a spoon level this layer out then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Clean the mixing bowl and add the ½ cup cream and whip up - add the frozen whipped topping and the other package of cheesecake instant pudding.
- Spoon this layer on top of the pumpkin layer and use the back of a spoon to even out.
- Put back into the refrigerator and chill for a further 30 minutes (longer would be better - I leave overnight).
- Sprinkle crumbled gingersnap cookies over the top and serve.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!