Amish Pumpkin Bread is so perfectly soft and moist, full of fall flavors. It's easy to make, in traditional Amish fashion - keeping it simple. Of all the quick breads this is my favorite.
Making this pumpkin bread reminds me of making my banana bread. It's strikingly similar in ingredients and cooking methods.
The pumpkin pie spice in this recipe really takes this loaf up a notch. It also makes it easier so you don't have to add all those different spices.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- You won't make many dishes, so it's an easy clean-up.
- Most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
- It's a recipe you can bring to the office to impress your co-workers.
- Take a slice and enjoy it with your coffee.
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree
- Sour Cream
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix together with a whisk. Set aside.
- Step 2: In another mixing bowl add the wet ingredients and mix together with the same whisk.
- Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Step 4: Pour batter into a greased loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour 15 to 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then turn the loaf out carefully onto the rack to cool completely.
Hint: Don't be tempted to slice into the Amish pumpkin pie until it has cooled completely, or you'll tear up the bread. If you don't mind the way it looks and would rather just eat the loaf while warm, go ahead. It's delicious like that I know.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Mayonnaise - instead of sour cream.
- Brown Sugar - instead of granulated white sugar.
- Chocolate Chips - add a cup of chocolate chips if you like.
- Cream Cheese - instead of sour cream.
- Poppy Seeds - if you like poppy seeds this could be an option for you.
- Raisins - add a cup of raisins as an option.
- Olive Oil - use this to grease the loaf pan, or coconut oil.
- Maple Syrup - in place of some of the sugar.
- Whole Wheat Flour - in place of all purpose.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I added some affiliate links in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, for the equipment I used in this recipe.
📘 Related Recipes
- Banana Bread Made With Mayo
- Cajun Cornbread Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- No Bake Mini Pumpkin Pies
- White Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Amish Cinnamon Rolls
I also have this fabulous list of delicious Fall Breads (more than 60 recipes), you should check it out.
Once the pumpkin bread has cooled completely store in an airtight container at room temperature, with a piece of paper towel. This will keep the moisture from affecting the storage of the bread.
You can freeze this pumpkin bread, it freezes very well. Wrap in some foil first then some clear plastic wrap. Label it clearly and freeze for up to 6 months.
Expert Tip: Make sure to check the pumpkin bread for done-ness before removing from the oven. I expected this recipe to be done in 1 hour and it still wasn't cooked enough. Use a toothpick inserted into the middle and check for crumbs.
There's a number of reasons this can happen, namely using too much of the wet ingredients, or allowing the batter to sit too long before baking.
Stored at room temperature in an airtight container a pumpkin bread loaf can last up to 5 days.
🎃 More Pumpkin Recipes
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Macarons
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cake Mix
- Amish Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
If you’ve tried this Amish Pumpkin Bread Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Amish Pumpkin Bread
- 1-½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-¼ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Butter melted and cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk. Set Aside.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix again with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until incorporated.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter into a greased 9x5" loaf tin and using a spatula even the top out carefully.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 70-80 minutes.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool on a wire rack for a little while before placing the pumpkin bread directly on the wire rack (removed from the loaf tin).
- Cool completely before slicing.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!