This oatmeal creme pie cheesecake recipe is one that I had never even really given much thought about until I saw another recipe similar and I thought, I HAVE to try this.
I mean, who doesn't love Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies? They're the perfect little cookie sandwich snack that can be stuffed into a pocket and brought out any time.
Whoever first came up with the idea to make a cheesecake dedicated to the cookie is a genius. To use the full cookies as the crust - that's the most genius part.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Oatmeal creme pies are on most people's list of childhood memories of favorite snacks. This dessert is a better way to use this family favorite.
- It's a no-bake cheesecake so the prep-work for this easy dessert is simple.
- No elaborate ingredients.
- This is a fabulous dessert for family gatherings.
- Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies are the perfect cookie for making a cheesecake crust.
- Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Caramel Sauce
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Line the bottom of a springform pan with oatmeal creme pies. Fill the holes with smaller pieces.
- Step 2: Mix the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, molasses and pumpkin pie spice with a stand mixer and paddle attachment.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form, then add powdered sugar. Beat again until stiff peaks form.
- Step 4: Fold the cream cheese with the whipped cream.
- Step 5: Pour the cream cheese filling over the oatmeal creme pie layer.
- Step 6: Smooth out with the back of a spatula, or an offset spatula. Refrigerate.
- Step 7: Remove the springform pan and decorate the top with chopped oatmeal creme pies.
- Step 8: When serving drizzle with the caramel sauce.
Hint: Take a piping bag and decorate the outer edge of the top with a cream filling replica.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Lemon Juice - to add a little tartness.
- Corn Syrup - this could be used instead of sugar.
- Unsalted Butter - you could use this to grease the springform pan instead of the spray.
- Instant Pudding - you could use the cheesecake flavored instant pudding in the cheesecake mixture.
- Frozen Topping - you could use the frozen whipped topping (like ice cream) instead of the whipped cream.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll need a spring form pan to make the cheesecake, a large mixing bowl or two. I also used my standmixer (it makes mixing and beating so much easier) but you could use an electric mixer or food processor.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below if you're interested.
📘 Related Recipes
- Mardi Gras Cheesecake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Amish Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Southern Lemon Pie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Chess Pie
- Honey Bun Cake Recipe from Scratch
Definitely keep the oatmeal creme pie cheesecake in the refrigerator as it will become too soft at room temperature, especially if you're in a warmer climate. Store in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap.
Expert Tip: I used the 'Big Size' oatmeal creme pies. Typically, they're smaller, so you'll probably need more quantity if you're using the smaller cookies.
You can recreate this fluffy white filling by mixing marshmallow fluff with powdered sugar, vanilla and shortening.
Definitely not. This would be more in the treat category - everything in moderation (says she who could eat 4 in less than a minute).
If you’ve tried this Oatmeal Creme Pie Cheesecake Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Oatmeal Creme Pie Cheesecake
- 11 Oatmeal Creme Pies Big Size
- 24 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Caramel Sauce for serving
- Spray a 9" springform pan with cooking spray then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Add a layer of Oatmeal Creme Pies to the bottom to act as the crust of the cheesecake (it took 6 big ones for me).
- Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, molasses and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for about 1 minute until well mixed.
- In another large bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form, then add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks have formed.
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour this cream cheese mixture over the top of the oatmeal cookie crust.
- Spread out evenly then refrigerate for about 6 hours (I let mine refrigerate over night- which is best if you have time).
- After the oatmeal creme pie cheesecake has set, take about 2 more creme pies and chop into pieces then decorate the top of the cheesecake.
- When serving, drizzle with the caramel sauce (caramel syrup).
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!