This banana bread recipe is deliciously moist, the best banana bread recipe you will ever use. The addition of mayonnaise instead of oil gives it a richness that will have you begging for another slice. This step by step easy banana bread recipe will be your favorite go-to from now on!
Banana Bread Ingredients
You can use 3 Large bananas or 4 medium, just make sure they are nice and ripe! Full of dark spots – this ensures the bananas are nice and sweet and soft!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (or Pecans)
First mash the bananas and mix well with all the wet ingredients.
After that, mix the dry ingredients together. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients carefully, don’t over mix.
Pour into a loaf pan – 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and bake at 350°F for one hour.
Remove Banana Bread from the Oven
After one hour remove the loaf from the oven. Stick the loaf with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean then the loaf is cooked. Remove from the pan right away and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Slice this delicious banana bread and serve with butter and honey!
Deliciously moist banana and walnut bread. This recipe cooks perfectly every time and tastes wonderful eaten when still warm with butter and honey!
- Bananas, Ripe 3 large or 4 med
- Egg, 1 Large
- Mayonnaise, 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla, 1 Tsp
- Flour, All purpose 1-1/2 Cups
- Sugar, 3/4 Cup
- Baking Soda, 1 Tsp
- Salt, 1/2 Tsp
- Walnuts, Chopped 1/2 Cup
- Smash the Bananas with a fork and mix them with the wet ingredients (egg, mayo, vanilla) with a beater until thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until mixed (don't over mix)
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2)
- Bake for one hour - toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from loaf pan and allow to cool on a rack.
The nuts can be substituted with pecans, or no nuts at all.
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 19mgSodium 267mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 3g
More recipes from The Cagle Diaries