This banana bread recipe is deliciously moist, the best banana bread recipe you will ever use. The addition of mayonnaise instead of oil gives it a richness that will have you begging for another slice. This step by step easy banana bread recipe will be your favorite go-to from now on!
Banana Bread Ingredients
You can use 3 Large bananas or 4 medium, just make sure they are nice and ripe! Full of dark spots - this ensures the bananas are nice and sweet and soft!
- Bananas, ripe
- Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- All Purpose Flour
- Walnuts (or Pecans)
First mash the bananas and mix well with all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
After that, mix the dry ingredients together. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet banana mixture carefully, don't over mix.
Pour into a loaf pan - 8 ½" x 4 ½" and bake at 350°F for one hour.
Remove Banana Bread from the Oven
After one hour remove the loaf from the oven. Stick the loaf with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean then the loaf is cooked. Remove from the pan right away and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Slice this delicious banana bread and serve with butter and honey!
- Bananas, Ripe 3 large or 4 med
- Egg, 1 Large
- Mayonnaise, ½ Cup
- Vanilla, 1 Tsp
- Flour, All purpose 1-½ Cups
- Sugar, ¾ Cup
- Baking Soda, 1 Tsp
- Salt, ½ Tsp
- Walnuts, Chopped ½ Cup
- Smash the Bananas with a fork and mix them with the wet ingredients (egg, mayo, vanilla) with a beater until thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until mixed (don't over mix)
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan (8-½ x 4-½)
- Bake for one hour - toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from loaf pan and allow to cool on a rack.
The nuts can be substituted with pecans, or no nuts at all.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 19mgSodium 267mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 3g
More recipes from The Cagle Diaries