These walking Banana Pudding desserts are so simple and delicious, they're creamy and have everything you'd expect in the classic banana pudding dessert - but portable.
Banana pudding is the kind of dessert that is good at any time of year so I don't believe there is any kind of season for it. If you feel like it - go for it! It's one of my favorite comfort foods.
When I made these, Chase (my son) said that's it. He wants them for his next birthday party.
Now Chase doesn't often jump for something like that (except maybe fried chicken, lol) so the fact he did for these walking banana puddings tells me they're damn good!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- This is the dessert version of walking tacos. Did you see those?
- Seriously, who doesn't love an easy dessert like this that can be thrown together in a matter of 20 minutes! Start to finish.
- Add to that the end result is fan-flippin-tastic, I promise, you'll be loving it!
- The best part? - No dishes! (other than from making them).
- Ripe Bananas
- Whole Milk
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Individual packs of mini nilla wafers
See recipe card for quantities of these basic ingredients.
- Step 1: Add the instant pudding to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk then mix together with a whisk. Set aside to set, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: In another mixing bowl add the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- Step 3: Cut the top of the bag of nilla wafers then empty them out onto a plate. Fold the edge over to make a collar then layer vanilla wafers back to the bottom of the bag (just a few). Add a spoonful of the pudding mixture, then a spoonful of cream. Followed by a layer of banana slices and repeat those layers until you run out of room.
Hint: Folding the top of the bag of cookies over like a collar is important to help add sturdiness to the top of the bag - a great way to make it easier to eat out of.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Cool Whip - instead of whipped cream you could use cool whip.
- Instant Banana Pudding Mix - You could use banana pudding instead for that extra banana flavor.
- Pudding Snack Pack - skip making the pudding at all and use a ready to eat snack pack instead.
- Spray Can Whipped Cream - instead of beating the cream you could use a spray can of whipped cream to make it even easier.
- Cream Cheese - For added richness you could try adding some cream cheese to the pudding mix. Making it more cheesecake like.
- Wafer Dusting - Sprinkle some wafer dusting over the top of pudding.
- Homemade pudding - if you don't mind going to the trouble with the egg yolks etc, then go for it!
- Maraschino Cherries - if you have some it can look pretty topped with a maraschino cherry.
- Condensed Milk - add some richness to the pudding and use some condensed milk instead of the whole milk.
- Peanut Butter - Try adding a little peanut butter layer. You know peanut butter and bananas go together so well!
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
Not much equipment is needed to make these walking banana pudding snack bags. Just some mixing bowls, a whisk, stand mixer (or hand mixer if you have one to beat the cream, otherwise you can use the whisk)
I like to use disposable spoons to make it totally no dishes / mess.
These banana pudding treats will need to stay refrigerated. I had some leftover recently so I tipped the bags upside down on a piece of foil, that way it was completely sealed (the bananas don't take too kindly to the air) and stored in a container in the refrigerator.
You can do this for up to 3 days.
Expert Tip: These walking banana pudding treats actually taste better after a few hours of the ingredients melting into each other. Save the top banana slices from being added until right at the point of serving to keep them fresh looking.
More Banana Pudding Desserts
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- Banana Pudding Tacos
- Banana Pudding Brownies
- Southern Banana Pudding
- Banana Pudding Cups
If you’ve tried this Walking Banana Pudding Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Walking Banana Pudding
A snack pack turned into a walking banana pudding dessert is genius - with creamy pudding, whipped cream and fresh sweet bananas it tastes just like you were just served a bowl at grandmas!
- 1 (3.4oz) Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 6 Individual Mini Vanilla Wafers Packs
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Add the instant pudding mix and the milk to a large bowl, give a good mix with a wire whisk then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In another medium mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- Take the first pack of vanilla wafers and a pair of scissors. Carefully cut the top across the seam. Empty out the wafers onto a plate.
- Fold over the top opening to form a ½" collar - this will make the packet a little sturdier for eating out of.
- Put a few of the wafers back into the bottom of the bag of mini nilla wafers then top with a spoon full of pudding, and a spoon full of cream. Then a couple of slices of bananas and repeat those layers until full.
- Serve with some disposable spoons.
- These desserts are so much fun but the clean up never is. Keep this snack/dessert totally disposable and give plastic spoons to eat with!
- Keep these easy portable banana pudding snack treats cool up until serving them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 309Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 299mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 4g
Leave a Reply