These M&M Chocolate Oat Bars are super simple to make and addictively delicious. They have this chewy oatmeal texture but it's still soft with the chocolate and a slight crunch of the M&M's. One will not be enough.
The kids always go crazy over these chocolate oat bars, maybe it's just that there's M&M's on top and they're so colorful and good to look at - or maybe it's because they're M&M freaks.
Either way, whenever they have sleepovers, or some occasion to bring something to school they always want these yummy treats.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Being able to throw this recipe together in 10 minutes makes it one of my favorites just because of this.
- Makes a great sale item at a bake sale.
- These chocolate oat bars are also known as monster cookies.
- They're treats, a lot like candy bars but also like cookies. They're M&M chocolate bar treats.
- You can use seasonal m&m candies, like the red and green for Christmas.
- They transport easily so can be taken to school for a school treat.
- If you're looking for M&M desserts, this is the one for you.
- All purpose flour
- Quick Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Add the flour, oats, brown sugar and 1 cup butter to a large bowl and mix well.
- Step 2: Take a cup of this oat mixture and set aside.
- Step 3: With the remaining oat mixture press into the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4: Melt the chocolate chips with the condensed milk and the remaining butter.
- Step 5: Pour over the top of the compressed oat mixture, evenly.
- Step 6: Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top with the M&M's.
- Step 7: Bake in the oven (350°F) for 25 minutes.
- Step 8: Remove and allow to cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bar form.
Hint: I like to use the parchment paper here because it makes it easy to lift out of the dish after it has cooled completely and you can get some pretty cuts. You can do the same using aluminum foil.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Peanut Butter M&Ms - make peanut butter M&M bars.
- Mini M&M candies - use the little mini candies instead. Like MM chocolate bars.
- Gluten Free - you could swap out the oats for gluten-free oats and use a GF flour too.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I didn't use much equipment, just a large mixing bowl, a small pot and a 9x13" baking dish.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below if you want more info.
📘 Related Recipes
- Butter Crunch Cookies
- Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickers Bar Brownies
- Banana Pudding Brownies
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
These M&M Chocolate Oat Bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. I like to keep in the refrigerator though, then take a few out 10 minutes before tucking in.
Expert Tip: There are so many different flavors of M&M's you could change that up here. I recommend trying the peanut butter M&M's. You could also use seasonal M&M colors to match a holiday.
If you’ve tried this M&M Chocolate Oat Bars Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
M&M Chocolate Oat Bars
- 1-½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-½ Cups Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter softened + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 32 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chocolate M&M's
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Add 1 cup of softened butter and mix well.
- Take 1 cup from the oat mixture and keep aside.
- Line a 13x9" baking dish with parchment paper. Press the oat mixture into the bottom, evenly.
- In a small pot add the chocolate chips, condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Apply medium heat and keep stirring until the chocolate has all melted.
- Pour evenly over the oat mixture in the baking dish. Spread with a spoon so it's all even.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture scattering all over the top. Sprinkle the M&M's evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!