These delicious slow cooker roast potatoes are super simple to make and are a hands-off way to cook potatoes when you're cooking a big meal, like Thanksgiving dinner.
Cooking a Thanksgiving dinner, or Christmas dinner can be stressful. Having more recipes like this that are hands-off really help make things so much easier.
These crock pot potatoes are perfectly fluffy inside with a slight sear to the outside. Coated in parmesan, coarse salt and parsley, I'm salivating right now just typing this.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Helps free you up while you cook other things.
- The potatoes are perfectly cooked and taste great.
- Potatoes are the best kind of comfort food.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients and is a simple side dish.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Parsley
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Peel and cut the potatoes into 2-3" blocks.
- Step 2: Add to a large mixing bowl, along with the melted butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Mix up using your hands.
- Step 3: Add to a large slow cooker.
- Step 4: Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring up the potatoes half way through.
- Step 5: After the cooking time is complete, sprinkle coarse salt, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley over.
Hint: Depending on your slow cooker and how hot it runs - will determine how much color you get to your potatoes. If you want more color at the end of the cooking time, toss on a baking sheet and bake in a 500°F oven for 5 minutes.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Russet Potatoes - or red potatoes instead of gold.
- Beef Broth - use a tablespoon or two.
- Italian Seasoning - for more flavor.
- Fresh Herbs - add more, like fresh thyme.
- Baby Potatoes - and leave them whole.
- Onion Granules - these add great flavor.
- Potato Wedges - do the same but cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Green Onions - sprinkle with this instead of parsley.
- Garlic Salt - ditch the salt and use garlic salt instead.
- Ranch Dressing Mix - turn this into ranch potatoes.
- Fresh Garlic - instead of garlic powder.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For this recipe I use my 7 quart slow cooker.
I have an affiliate link in the recipe card below.
📘 More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Rabbit Stew
- Slow Cooker Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- Crock Pot Beer Chili Recipe
- Crock Pot Pinto Beans
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Broth
Once the potatoes are cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
They do freeze well, so store in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
Expert Tip: Reheating these potatoes gives the best results in an air fryer.
Definitely, they will cook to perfection as long as the required time is given.
In order for them to be crispy, a higher temperature is needed. My slow cooker does run a little higher than usual and so I was able to get the coloring on the potatoes at the bottom, then I stirred them up. If you are unable to get this color - give them a quick blast in the oven.
If you’ve tried this Slow Cooker Roast Potatoes Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 8 Medium-Large Gold Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted, melted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Pinch Coarse Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 2-3" Pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Add the potatoes to a large slow cooker (7 quart).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6 hours). Stir up the potatoes half way through.
- At the end, sprinkle fresh parmesan, a sprinkling of coarse salt and chopped parsley.
Depending on your slow cooker, if you don't get much color to your potatoes, after they are cooked, load onto a baking sheet and place in the oven at 450-500°F, just to get a quick "roasting color".
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 14mgSodium 298mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 7g