Using my favorite meatloaf recipe I crafted this Monster Meatloaf Recipe for Halloween. Needless to say, the kids loved it. It was a surprise and the snorts and giggles from the whole family were worth it. Happy Halloween!
It's actually quite freaky looking to be honest. I didn't think it would be this good. I'm going to make it every year from now on. I've already been thinking about what I could have done differently to make it better.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's a simple way to dress up your family's Halloween supper in a way to make it special, with not much extra work.
- It's still a delicious Halloween dinner.
- Meatloaf is still a great inexpensive option for feeding a family, which is good in today's economy.
- 1 Recipe for Meatloaf (which you can find here)
- Ground Meat (Beef or Venison is best)
- Italian Bread crumbs
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Diced Medium Onion
- Creole Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Red Bell Pepper
- Stuffed Olives
- Whole Kernel Corn
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: Make and follow directions for making my favorite Meatloaf Recipe here.
- Step 2: While the meatloaf is cooking prepare the other ingredients. Only the carrots need to be cooked. I steamed mine for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Once the meatloaf has cooked remove and move to a plate that will fit your new Monster Meatloaf.
- Step 4: Place the carrots on the side, mushrooms and olives on top for the eyes and the red bell peppers strips for lips, corn for teeth.
- Step 5: Serve with mashed potatoes as a side dish.
Hint: Use a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature of the meatloaf so you don't overcook it.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Zombie Meatloaf - instead of a monster meatloaf you can shape the meatloaf to resemble a skull shape and make a zombie-looking meatloaf instead. Some other favorites are a spider meatloaf and a meatloaf shaped like a foot.
- Parmesan Cheese - some like to add parmesan to their meatloaf.
- BBQ Sauce - again, this is a personal preference. Some like to add it.
- Brown Sugar - perhaps add a little to the tomato sauce if you prefer.
- Black Olives - instead of stuffed olives for the eye sockets.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll just need a meatloaf pan and a plate you can fit your monster meatloaf recipe for Halloween onto.
📘 Other Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Grilled Cheese
- Halloween Jungle Juice
- Ghost Cupcakes with Marshmallow
- Zombie Cupcakes
- Voodoo Fudge
- Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
- Breadstick Rattlers
You could also check out this list of Kid Friendly Halloween Recipes.
You'll need to store this meatloaf monster in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will be good for 3 days like this.
Meatloaf does freeze well, so if you prefer you can choose to place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Expert Tip: Enjoy this spooky dinner with party guests at a Halloween party or as a family dinner. It's always a ton of fun no matter what.
If you’ve tried this Monster Meatloaf Recipe For Halloween or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Monster Meatloaf Recipe For Halloween
- 1 Full Recipe For Meatloaf
- 6 Medium Carrots
- 2 Large White Mushrooms
- 1 Stuffed Olive sliced
- 2 Slices Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Corn Kernels
- Make a meatloaf, per my recipe here.
- While the meatloaf is cooking prepare the carrots so that they're cooked (but not too soft. I steamed mine for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the red bell pepper to form two strips that can be used for lips.
- Slice the olive so that you have two similar sized slices to place on top of the two mushrooms.
- Once the meatloaf is cooked (160°F), remove from the oven and transfer to a plate that you can display your monster meatloaf.
- Place the carrots on the side to form legs.
- Place the two mushrooms on top with the olive slices on top of each for the eyes.
- Place the bell pepper strips for the lips and the corn kernels for the teeth.
- Present and show for giggles... then enjoy.
Sign Up for my emails and never miss another recipe!
I'll never share your email, or send you spam. Pinkie Promise!