Every time I ask my daughter what she wants for a snack, her response is "air fryer corn dogs please!" Ever since I learned that you can cook them in the air fryer the kids have become addicted to them. I don't blame them, they are delicious like this - just like you get at the state fair.
Other than hot dogs, this is one of my kids' favorite party foods too. I love it because it's such an easy snack that the whole family loves.
They make a great quick lunch too. If you're short on time and need to make something in a hurry - this is what you need.
❤️ Why you'll love it
It's crispy perfection. If you've never had a corn dog from the state fair then it'll be hard for you to imagine, but these corn dogs taste just like they were deep fried. They're crispy outside, soft inside and taste absolutely divine. Even though they're not homemade.
They take you back to childhood memories.
- Frozen Corn Dogs
- Kitchen Spray
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: After preheating the air fryer to 380°F spray the corn dogs with a little cooking oil and lay them out in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Step 2: Cook for 11 minutes*, shake/turn them half way through until golden brown. * air fryer cook times might vary depending on the model.
Seriously, how easy is that? My kids love these made in the air fryer, they won't let me cook them any other way now. If I ask them if they want corn dogs, their response is; "are you cooking them in the air fryer?" They know it's the best way.
Serve them straight out of the air fryer, arranged on a plate, or individually. Make sure you have some dipping sauce available. I have one child that likes ketchup on his, while my daughter prefers mustard. My mother-in-law likes to dip hers in syrup. Each to their own I guess.
Bottom line though, the corn dogs definitely have to be served right out of the air fryer.
Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
Hint: You can also air fry mini corn dogs too (corn dog bites). They come out just as great! Reduce the cooking time to about 8 minutes at 380°F. They are just as perfect and cooked in a little less time. Tiny finger food size - perfect for smaller kids.
My kids call them corn dog nuggets.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Homemade corn dogs - literally, other than the mini corn dogs, the only other variation you could make is to make the corn dogs yourself using a wet batter and a hot dog sausage.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
You will need an air fryer for this recipe, you can find affiliate links in the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the type pictured in this recipe.
If you don't get to eat them all and you have a few left over, it's fine. Place them in an air tight container in the refrigerator, then heat them up in the air fryer again when desired. They will be good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Expert Tip: I'm more of a savory fan when it comes to what I'm serving my corn dog with. Typically it's going to be mustard. However, a lot of folks like to pour syrup all over and eat it more sweet. Or use honey mustard. Each their own I guess.
I have found that 11 minutes at 380°F works perfectly with my air fryer.
There's a couple of knacks to it. First, you need a preheated air fryer. Second, make sure to spray the corn dog with oil first before air frying. The rest of the procedure is all down to cooking time/temperature. This will depend on your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you’ve tried these Air Fryer Corn Dogs or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! If you love this recipe please give it 5 star rating! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 6 Frozen Corn Dogs
- 3 Sprays of Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Mustard/Ketchup for dipping (optional)
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Line up top to tail to allow for the greatest even placement. Spray the corn dogs lightly with cooking spray.
- Add the basket to the air fryer and cook for 11 minutes. After about 5 minutes turn the corn dogs (or give the basket a shake)
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 5mgSodium 111mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 6g