A Bisquick breakfast bake is a super simple idea when you're cooking for a few people and need a hearty breakfast that is easy and quick to put together. A breakfast casserole of champions.
This is a really good idea for Christmas morning breakfast, or when you have some people over and you want to offer something a little more than the usual.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- This is perfect for a crew of people if you have overnight guests.
- This is a really good make ahead breakfast. Prepare the mixture and pop into the oven the next morning.
- It's super simple, other than the browning of the sausage meat, just toss together and pop into the oven.
- An easy breakfast recipe for weekends or busy weekdays.
- A hearty breakfast that will satisfy any appetite. This Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe is an easy recipe for all.
- Makes a great brunch recipe too.
- Breakfast Sausage
- Bisquick Baking Mix
- Whole Milk
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
This is an overview of the recipe steps. For more detailed instructions visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1: Cook sausage meat in a 10-inch Skillet until no pink remains.
- Step 2: Add to a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Step 3: Mix the remaining ingredients.
- Step 4: Pour the egg mixture over the sausage meat and bake in the oven until golden brown.
Hint: Some people will like it sweet, others savory. Offer maple syrup, honey or fruit salad as well as hot sauce and steak sauce.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Cheddar Cheese - instead of Colby Jack.
- Bell Peppers - add some red bell pepper or green.
- Ground beef - instead of breakfast sausage.
- Green Chilis - for a little added southern spice.
- Hot Sauce - add a dash of hot sauce for a little spice.
- Yellow Onions - for a little extra.
- Spicy Sausage - choose a spicy sausage for some extra heat.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll need a 9 x 13" Casserole Dish to bake the casserole in. As well as a mixing bowl.
I have some affiliate links in the recipe card below.
📘 More Breakfast Recipes
- Old Fashioned Southern Biscuits
- Amish Cinnamon Rolls
- French Toast With Egg
- Southern Cheese Grits Recipe
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Banana Bread
For more ideas for later in the day, try my Seafood Gumbo, or Pastalaya. They're excellent ideas for an outstanding dinner.
Once the Bisquick breakfast bake has cooled completely and everyone has finished eating, if you have some left, cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
Add a piece of paper towel to the top, so it doesn't build moisture.
Expert Tip: This breakfast casserole freezes excellently. For an idea, store in individual slices in a freezer safe resealable bag and use as a grab and go breakfast. They defrost and heat easily in the microwave.
If you’ve tried this Bisquick Breakfast Bake Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
Bisquick Breakfast Bake
So easy to whip up, this Bisquick breakfast bake uses few ingredients but will satisfy any hunger. A pancake base, mixed with breakfast sausage, eggs and cheese.
- 1lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1-½ Cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1-½ Cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Add the sausage meat to a large skillet and brown until no pink remains.
- Drain and add this sausage meat to the casserole dish, evenly.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, bisquick mix and seasoning. Mix well. Stir in 1 Cup shredded cheese.
- Pour into the casserole dish over the sausage meat and make sure it's evenly moved around.
- Top with the remaining cheese then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
This Bisquick breakfast bake can be served as a sweet breakfast, just pour some syrup - or if you prefer the savory side, maybe some steak sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 502Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 176mgSodium 1505mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 27g
Leave a Reply