These delicious Key Lime Pie Popsicles are so easy to make, the kids will love them! Plus, they're healthier than the sugary alternative from the grocery store.
If you're like me and Key lime pie is one of your favorite desserts then this perfect summer treat is just for you.
Key Lime Popsicles are popular during the summer months, when it's hot out - although, I'm not shy to say I've made them in the winter too.... just because! They are that delicious.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Key Lime Pie has that distinct citrusy flavor that is nice and fresh which is why it's so popular in the southern states (Key Lime Pie originated in Key West, Florida) - because on a hot day these frosty treats are perfectly refreshing.
These popsicles are also mostly all natural ingredients. Or it can totally be depending on the ingredients you select.
- Key Limes
- Vanilla Yoghurt
- Crushed Graham Crackers
See recipe card for quantities.
- Step 1: In a large bowl add the yoghurt and mix in the honey.
- Step 2: Stir well then add the lime zest and key lime juice.
- Step 3: Mix well then spoon into the popsicle mold.
- Step 4: Add wooden popsicle sticks into each mold (centered).
Step 5: Crumble the Graham Cracker crumbs all over the top of each Key Lime Pie Popsicle. This imitates the Graham cracker crust.
Step 6: Cover with plastic wrap (or parchment paper or even tin foil). Cut a small slit to fit each stick through. Place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
Hint: Sometimes you might want to use the sticks your popsicle molds come with, but if you're expecting a gathering, or having a party the disposable sticks are much more convenient to be able to throw away after.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Coconut Milk - try using coconut milk instead of the vanilla yoghurt.
- Regular Limes - you can use regular limes in place of Key Limes if you can't get them.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - try this instead of the vanilla yogurt.
- Sweetened condensed milk - Try adding a little of this to add some richness.
- Vanilla Extract - add a little of this if you are using plain Greek yoghurt.
- Adult Popsicles - Add a little vodka to turn them into adult popsicles. A frozen treat and the ability to keep the part going.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
There is not much needed to make these Key Lime Pie Popsicles. Just some popsicle molds, wooden sticks and a large mixing bowl.
See below in the recipe card for some great links (they are affiliate links and I do make a small amount from each purchase.)
These have to be stored in the freezer. Bring them out and serve them up on a bed of ice (you can use a baking sheet) if they'll be sitting out a few minutes.
*If you don't have any popsicle molds don't fret. You could use small paper cups instead, with a wooden stick in each. This will work just as well - if not better. There won't be any clean up!
* Another tip, if the popsicles are not coming out easily from the molds run a little hot water over the outside of the popsicle mold. It will loosen up real fast then.
If you’ve tried these KEY LIME PIE POPSICLES or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 32oz Container Vanilla Yoghurt
- 10 Key Limes
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Key Lime Zest
- 8 Graham Crackers
- Add yoghurt, honey, lime juice and zest to a bowl and mix
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds, insert sticks
- Crumble the graham crackers and push down into the top of the popsicles
- Cover popsicles and freeze.
I used the wooden sticks this time, which is better when having a party... but you can use the handles/sticks that come with the molds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 5g