This S'mores Cupcake recipe gives you such decadently rich, yet easy to make s'mores cupcakes- they will be a hit at your next gathering! Or make them just for your family, I promise they won't be disappointed!
Simple use of a box mix for the cake part of the cupcake. Your favorite chocolate cake mix is fine. Any light chocolaty cake is fine (I did try using a brownie mix during testing and it didn't work as well).
S'mores cupcakes have a marshmallow frosting that is so deliciously gooey all you need after making these cupcakes is a campfire!
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Granulated Sugar
- Chocolate cake mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Marshmallow Creme
- Mini Hershey Chocolate Bars
- Mini Marshmallows
See recipe card for quantities.
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and press into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners. Use the back of a spoon.
- Step 2: In a large bowl prepare the cake mix per box mix instructions.
- Step 3: Spoon the cake mix evenly over the top of the graham crackers and bake.
- Step 4: Mix the marshmallow fluff, vanilla, powdered sugar to make the frosting. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Step 5: After the cupcakes have cooled completely on a wire rack frost the top of each cupcake then sit a couple of mini marshmallows and 2 pieces of mini Hersheys Chocolate.
Hint: Remove the cupcakes from the pan first before you start to frost so that you don't mess up the frosting when trying to remove them.
Substitutions and Variations
- Toasted Marshmallows - use the bigger marshmallows and toast them before adding to the top of a cupcake.
- Chocolate Sauce - For extra decadence you could drizzle chocolate sauce over the frosting too.
- Homemade Cake - if you prefer to make your own cake mix instead of using a prefab cake that is fine. You obviously know what you're doing 😉
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
See this recipe for a Sizzling Brownie on my website! It has a similar kind of flavor profile as the s'mores cupcakes.
You'll need a cupcake pan, cupcake liners and mixing bowls to make this recipe.
I have some links in the recipe card at the bottom of this post if you want more information.
Store these S'mores cupcakes at room temperature in an airtight container. They'll be good for up to 5 days like that.
💡 Top tip
If your cupcakes have risen too much into a dome shape cut the tops off, or you won't have enough room to add your frosting and decorations.
If you’ve tried this S'Mores Cupcake Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes!
- 1-¼ Cups Graham Cracker crumbs
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 (16oz) Box Chocolate cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1-¼ Cups Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-½ Cups Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 (7oz) Jars Marshmallow Creme
- 8 Hershey Chocolate Bars, mini
- 48 Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter then divide evenly, in the bottom of baking cups, pressing down to compact with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the cake ingredients as per the box instructions. Divide evenly between the baking cups filling until about ¾ full. Bake in the oven for time instructed on the box - insert a toothpick to check that they have cooked enough. The toothpick needs to come out clean.
- Remove all the cupcakes from the pan onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine the frosting ingredients except the marshmallow creme. Beat for about 2 minutes, then slowly add the marshmallow creme and continue beating until completely combined.
- Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired.
These cupcakes can be decorated in any way, the chocolate/marshmallow theme is perfect and adds some texture to the cupcake, but this is completely flexible.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 72mgSodium 244mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 3g
This nutrition information is estimated using Nutritionix and may not be completely accurate.