These S’mores Cupcakes are so decadently rich, yet easy to make – they will be a hit at your next gathering! Or make them just for your family, I promise they won’t be disappointed!
Simple use of a box mix for the cake part of the cupcake. Your favorite chocolate cake mix is fine. Any light chocolaty cake is fine (I did try using a brownie mix during testing and it didn’t work as well).
S’mores Cupcakes Graham Cracker Crust
Mix together the crust ingredients and press into a cupcake tray.
After the batter has been mixed according to the box instructions pour on top of the crust and fill to about 3/4 full. Bake at 350°F according to the instructions. Use a toothpick to check if the cupcake has completed cooking – the toothpick should come out clean.
S’mores cupcakes have a marshmallow frosting that is so deliciously gooey all you need after making these cupcakes is a campfire!
Beat the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until it is completely blended. Then add the marshmallow creme. Beat again until completely mixed and creamy.
I like to use mini Hershey’s chocolate bars and mini marshmallows for the decoration, I think it makes it look really good. There’s no mistaking what kind of cupcake it is! You can use anything you like though, you could grate some chocolate on there. Use sprinkles. You still have the marshmallow taste in the frosting….
Try these cupcakes and see if your kids don’t love them!
These decadent cupcakes have a firm graham cracker crust with a soft chocolaty cake, topped with a marshmallow gooey icing. These taste so much like the real thing you will think you're out camping!
- Graham Cracker crumbs, 1 1/4 Cups
- Butter, 1/4 Cup
- Sugar, 2 TBSP
- Box Chocolate cake mix, 1 x 16oz box
- Eggs, as per box instructions
- Oil/Water, as per box instructions
- Butter, 1 1/2 Cups softened
- Powdered Sugar, 2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract, 2 Tsp
- Marshmallow Creme, 2 x 7oz Jars
- Chocolate Bars, mini
- Marshmallows, mini
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter then divide evenly, in the bottom of baking cups, pressing down to compact with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the cake ingredients as per the box instructions. Divide evenly between the baking cups filling until about 3/4 full. Bake in the oven for time instructed on the box - insert a toothpick to check that they have cooked enough. The toothpick needs to come out clean.
- Remove all the cupcakes from the pan onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine the frosting ingredients except the marshmallow creme. Beat for about 2 minutes, then slowly add the marshmallow creme and continue beating until completely combined.
- Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired.
These cupcakes can be decorated in any way, the chocolate/marshmallow theme is perfect and adds some texture to the cupcake, but this is completely flexible.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is estimated using Nutritionix and may not be completely accurate.
More information about S’mores.
View more of my recipes here: