This Kielbasa and baked beans slow cooker recipe is the perfect weeknight meal or tailgating recipe. It's super easy to throw together, for a tangy, sweet classic baked beans recipe that everyone will love.
Very similar to a classic baked beans recipe, but using polska kielbasa instead of bacon. This recipe will have everyone jumping up and down asking if it's ready yet!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- In today's economy, it's important for our recipes to try to be more on the economical side. This recipe is a very inexpensive and easy side dish.
- It's the perfect side dish for any family gatherings, next pot luck, tailgating or for any easy weeknight meals.
- This is an easy recipe that can be eaten any time of day.
- Pork n beans
- Polska Kielbasa
- Barbecue Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
See recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities.
- Step 1: In a large skillet add the sliced kielbasa and the diced onion and cook over medium heat until the sausage and caramelized a little.
- Step 2: Add this to the bottom of the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 4 hours.
- Step 3: Remove the lid, give it a good stir and turn off shortly before serving to allow to cool and thicken a little.
Hint: Caramelizing the sausage is not massively important. If you're tailgating and would rather skip the skillet part it's not going to mess anything up. I do it all the time. You can just add the entire recipe to the slow cooker and turn on.
The caramelization of the sausage does add a little extra flavor (which is why I recommend it) but it's not a deal-breaker.
🔄 Substitutions and Variations
- Yellow Mustard - instead of Dijon, you could use yellow mustard.
- Brown Sugar - if you like some extra sweetness, add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar.
- Worcestershire Sauce - adds a little umami flavor.
- Ground Beef - add some ground beef (browned) for a more meaty main dish.
- Bell Pepper - add some diced green pepper for more flavor.
- White Rice - some people like to eat these beans with white rice.
- Caraway Seeds - for a little extra flavor dimension.
- Hot Sauce - for those of you that like a sweet and spicy bean recipe.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - a touch of this is known to open up a lot of the flavors.
- Red Onion - instead of yellow onion.
- Garlic Salt - instead of regular salt.
- Crispy Bacon - you could sprinkle a bit of crispy bacon on top as garnish.
- Maple Syrup - a great way to add a touch more sweetness.
❤ Sharing is Caring - Like Our Facebook Page ❤
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Use a 6 quart or bigger slow cooker. I have a link to the one I use (or similar) in the recipe card below.
📘 Related Recipes
- Crock Pot Pinto Beans
- Southern Baked Beans
- Instant Pot White Beans
- Cajun Green Beans
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Crock Pot Beer Chili
Once the slow cooker kielbasa and baked beans have cooled completely store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.
Expert Tip: Baked beans freeze really well, as does the sausage and this is the kind of recipe that tastes better the day after so feel free to freeze any leftovers for a quick freezer meal on another day.
It's a type of Polish sausage that is full of delicious spices and adds great flavor to many dishes.
Yes, definitely. I recommend a Dutch Oven, or cast iron pot and cook low and slow for about 2 hours.
If you’ve tried this Kielbasa and Baked Beans Slow Cooker Recipe or any other great recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section below, how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 4 (15oz) Cans Pork and Beans
- 1 (16oz) Link Polska Kielbasa Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large skillet add the sliced kielbasa and the diced onion and cook over medium-high heat until soft and the sausage has a little caremelization.
- Add this to the slow cooker, along with all the other ingredients and cook on low for 4 hours.
- At the end of cooking, remove the lid and allow it to cool slightly, to thicken up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 41mgSodium 999mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 9g